Door-to-door water treatment (another other) sales people can be a challenge. At CWQA, we want you to be aware of what to do if someone comes to your door selling you water treatment solutions or wanting to test your water.
- Know how to reach your Federal, Provincial and Territorial Consumer Affairs Offices
- Know your rights under the Consumer Protection Act.
- Ask to see the salesperson’s company issued identification. Make note of his or her name, the name and address of the company, and a contact phone number.
- If you feel uncomfortable, ask the person to leave. Don’t leave the person unattended in your home.
- Search the Consumer Beware List
- Know how to make a complaint against a business.